Thursday, May 3, 2007

Up close...

Nearly every time I attend a sporting event, one of the first things I think is, "I hope we are up close." Then comes the other questions: "who else is going?", "who is playing whom?", etc. In the end all that other stuff fades away if I am up close. I get so caught up in the physical mysticism that all else is blurred. Seeing someone throw that far, hit that hard, or react that fast is a thing to behold. The experience is completely changed depending on it you are up close or far away. Almost as if the field is a giant flame and the closer you get the more on fire you feel.
This afternoon, I didn't go workout again. Bad, but good. I got to take some pictures, well actually many pictures, of things up close. I got a rush looking for what to capture next. The type of rush Cortes or Pizarro felt when landing in Central America. As if I was discovering a whole new side of the world. Only a few are up on my Flikr account but I hope you enjoy. Now nearly everything that I see I try to realize that there is a small and a large version of what I see and that either could be more amazing than I can imagine. Here I am with hard decisions to make over the next few days and I can't stop admiring everything that is around me.
Last night was a great time. Baskin Robbins was doing their 31 cents a scoop night and it was also Margaret's b-day. So we went, sang, and ate ice-cream. What more could a girl want? Spider Man 3 comes out in an hour. (I love being on the east coast.) Tomorrow, I will work hard, have a little "Cinco de Mayo" party, then go see Spider Man 3 with a few peoples. Hopefully I will have time to practice dent removal on my car so that I can be prepared to help others with that as well.

No comments: