Monday, May 14, 2007

Bleh.

So, today was a weird day. Started with me ordering sweet tea from the drive through. I got to talk to my favourite person at the window and we had a great conversation. Half way to work I take my first sip and it was unsweet. It shocked my entire body so much because of the taste expectation I had that was given the exact opposite. I think I even swerved a bit on the road. I get to work and decide to make my own sweet tea. So I do. Put the tea bag in the cup with hot water and sugar. It was actually quite good.

Began to roll through a big list of little tasks I needed to complete for the day. Lunch comes and I have a great time with Dayna. That has an entire post of great conversations and stories by itself. I can not think of something much better than eating a burrito outside on a beautiful day like today with great conversation with a person like Dayna. Wish I had more time with her but we are in different places in life in many ways. The few that we are in the same place hold us together well though.

Work was uneventful but I was completing things. As the day nears its end, I begin to get excited about going to meet Blair for dinner. We try to go to Smokey Bones and apparently many of the locations near me are gone and it is honestly a big loss for me. I was/am a loyal patron because it hits my taste buds at this interesting angle that I enjoy. We end up going to California Pizza Kitchen. It was good because I knew Blair would enjoy it even though I really don't. I hope she reads my blog but not this post. We ate and made plans for the time she will be in town. Which includes a marathon of "The Office" because she loves it and I want to get into it. Then I will have another thing that I can talk about with 30 million more people. Including: Blair, Jamie, Daron, Mark, Kristi, Phillip, and on and on. Excited am I.

I started my car and begun to drive home in high spirits. As I am waiting at the light to turn onto the highway and go one exit down to my house, my check engine light comes on. I think, "hmm, why did that happen?" The light turns green and I turn left onto the highway... my car begins to fall apart. It felt like the car was misfiring out of sync and then it stalled out. I coasted to the side of the road and tried to restart it. At first, nothing. Then, by revving the engine as I started it I got it. The Red Baron and I limped our way home. She is a trooper. I think, "Autozone does free OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) checks. I'll just drive it there."

I go in and check the location and then run back out to limp her to Autozone. Well now she won't start at all. So I want someone to follow me over in the case she completely dies. On the other hand, I do not want someone to come over and me try to start her and not be able to get anywhere. I debate this for an 45 minutes. Among trying to figure out what the issue is myself and calling a few of my "car-buddies". After making noises over the phone to people and describing how the car feels, we come to a conclusion and that includes it being OK for me to limp it to Autozone.

I call Karen, which is just about the hardest thing I have done in my life. I pulled Karen away from 24 during the height of the season. If I had made the decision earlier she wouldn't have missed and we could have gone to 24 together after dropping off my car. Well, she gets there and I feel bad enough already. I try to start the car because Autozone now closes in 40 minutes. I try and try. The car will not start. Now I feel horrible. I pull her from 24 to drive over to my house to follow me to the Autozone and we don't even go anywhere. We end up sitting on the back of my car in silence. Actually it was the thing I needed most right then because I was about to show my anger more then than I have in years. Lets just say I was frustrated.

So, I start calling around for a way to get to and from work tomorrow. I call a friend to see if he can take me to work in the morning. He was the first one I called by the way. Well, because of a certain situation as of yesterday, he has an extra car on his hands for a bit. I could even come by tonight and drive it for a few days while I got mine fixed. How awesome eh? I tried to tear up because I felt like could. No dice. I could not and can not think him enough though. That one thing fixed so many issues in one swoop. Goodness.

So, my mother gives me a ride over to get the car. I get there and his wife gives me the keys and we talk for a bit. I can't stop hugging her and thanking her because they are incredible. Also, fascinating how they just "happened" to have an extra car. Well then my mother was following me back and she got pulled over by a police officer. My head instantly sunk. My head started racing again. I am pretty much flipping out at this point. I have a hard enough time asking people to help me and then when I do they either end up wasting their time or get pulled over by an officer of the law.

Thankfully she was doing nothing wrong and did not get a ticket.

So, look back; follow the waves: up (drive through), down (unsweet), up (sweet), down (work), up (lunch), down (work), up (dinner), down (smokey bones and car), up (think it isn't a big issue), down (take Karen from 24 only to waste her time), up (calm down and find a car), down (mother and cop), up (no ticket).

Roller coaster, I think not. Being the levy at a beach with tsunamis hitting and retreating, ya that's pretty much to how I feel.

No comments: