Sunday, May 20, 2007

Oblivious maybe?

So today was great, as expected. Church went well and the breakfast I provided ended up being more than enough because the other Ben brought muffins. It was actually a good mix of fruit, muffin, and dough nut heaven this morning. The class was also great and I got to get into some conversations with people that I miss seeing on a regular basis. Then I went and got the email address of a new person I met. I was temporarily stunned because I just told her to find me on Facespace (facebook or myspace) and she has neither. So we actually had to exchange email addresses. What did we do before email and cellphones? We survived? Kind of like when you ride in a car with someone and they nearly get into four car wrecks in a twenty minute span. You think to yourself, "How did they survive until today?" Perhaps they always have people riding with them yelling, "WATCH OUT!" It is a wonder.

Then, Ryan got tickets from David to go to a golf tournament called the AT&T Classic. Last year it was the Bellsouth Classic but AT&T bought them out this year. It was awesome. I got a free hat and pin, which I put on the hat.



The skill level represented is just incredible. To hit a 1.7 inch diameter ball weighing only 1.6 ounces 280 yards into a 8 foot square is fascinating to watch. Then, if that weren't enough, every player that I saw had a slightly different swing and approach to the game as a whole. I loved it to say the least.

THEN, I went to small group as I always do. I didn't have to 'lead' which was a weight off my shoulders and we got done early. So we decided to go out to eat. Well, we get there and eat and joke and laugh. I am actually having a great time. We even had some silence which added to the dynamic afternoon in a way I highly enjoyed. Then the waiters come out with a cake to our table and everyone starts singing happy birthday. So, I start singing too. I kind of feel bad because I didn't know who's birthday it was. About 3/4 the way into it, you know, the name part, I look at the cake and realize it is for me. It was such a nice thing for them to do. They had planted a cake and balloons at the place before we went. Gave me a few presents and cards. I like being tired and not observant every now and then.

To cap it all off we watched ferris bueller's day off which got me in the mood for being off this Thursday and Friday. Then I watched a sunset worth living for.

No comments: