Monday, May 14, 2007

Unexpected

Sometimes things are unexpected. Sometimes it is good and sometimes not so good. Like for instance: As I approach a light that is green and I am going fast I like to watch the crossing signal on the right. Even more so if a giant truck is in front of me and I can not see the street light. If the crossing signal is a "walking guy"/"cross now" signal, then I know that it is a fresh green light and I do not have to worry about it turning on me. If it is flashing the hand, it is normally good but I slow down a little bit because if the hand turns solid the the light turns yellow one second after that; normally. So I was driving home last night and using my "trick" and the hand is flashing. So I slow a small bit but keep truckin'. Then I see someone in the corner of my eye change. It was the light changing to yellow. Time slows down and I look back at the hand it is still flashing. I honestly thought that I was dreaming and that if I got in a wreck I'd just wake up. By this time I have not begun to slow yet and I getting close to the light. Slamming on my brakes and hearing horrible sounds from my car, the kind dying animals make, I come to a stop with the smell of burnt rubber entering my atmosphere. I was and am still in disbelief. What if some person was crossing with the same expectation and the light turned green as the hand was still flashing?

So let me give the person who works for the state and who is also reading this an idea. Make all street lights with just a red and a green light. With the red on top and the green on bottom like normal. Then in the place where the yellow light is now, put an LED strip of white lights. On EVERY light like this, 10 seconds before the light turns red, light the first two rows of LEDs. Then every half second after that, add another row to the amount that is lit. From bottom to top the light builds until it turns red. Then, everyone will know exactly how stale a green is and those horrible yellow lights will be gone forever. will it work, maybe?

The past four days have been incredible and the streak will continue today. Taking Dayna to lunch, Blair for dinner, and then 24. How much better could it get? Maybe a lot but I am more than happy with what I have. I also have amazing pictures from the past few days but my photoshop version at home was not have the red eye tool remover like my version, CS2, at the office does. I will edit them and post them soon so that you can see another small glimpse into who these people are that I talk about.

No comments: