Saturday, May 5, 2007

Anesthesia and Spidey Fridey

So today was an interesting day. I felt like I was in a time warp all day. Things were getting done but I had no concept of how much time was passing. Sometimes I would look down and think, "it has only been 5 minutes" and others I would look down and think, "wow it has been 2 hours." And by looking down I mean "at the clock." Good thing: I got to leave work at 3pm today. Bad thing: it was to get a needle put in my toe to get an in-grown nail cut. Even though it is not major surgery, I was sweating. I do believe the only two things in the world I am afraid of are: a person in the process of being hurt in front of me where I can not help them and needles. I know that seems like extremes, but I have nightmares about both. Urgh, I get sick thinking about this one nightmare I had that involved both. The "bad guy" in my dream I have never seen before. Or so I think. What am I going to do if I bump into a guy who looks exactly like him? Is my body going to be thrown into a cocktail on chemicals from my brain telling to me run away or go postal on him? Weird thought and tangent like always. Anyways, so I have my toe wrapped up as it is throbbing right now. Patrick says it looks like a peanut. Decide for yourself.
Speaking of Patrick; he, Karen, Kristi, and myself went to the Buckhead Backlot to see Spiderman 3. I am now even more firm in my belief that everything should stay separate from each other. Examples: Plastic cup makers building a car, Singers becoming actors or vice versa, and Movie theaters becoming restaurant. Luckily I only had to experience one of these tonight. Since I am not dead from my car falling apart in the rain or my ears bleeding then it is obvious that food served in a movie theaters is not fit for human consumption. So, my sick stomach and gimp toe are going to bed hoping for a better morning.

SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT SPIDERMAN 3!
So this movie was interesting. Let me start by saying that I am not a movie critic by any means, which should make my impression all the more shocking and powerful. It was horrid. I began to wonder 10 minutes into the movie if the dialog, camera shots, and editing were all done by a 3rd or 4th grader. It honestly seems like they spent 2 years doing special effects and then edited the movie together in a week saying, "good enough." Every scene change was such a rough cut it was insane. I like to be enveloped by a movie as if I were there and it could really be happening. Things in this movie would be happening then the main character would complete the plot point and they would completely disregard everything else that is "supposedly actually" happening. **SPOILER ALERT** Example: a construction crane is out of control knocking everything over and such. Spiderman swings in, saves the one "important girl" and then everything else stops as they chat for a bit. Apparently as all the other people are dying and building are collapsing, Spiderman stops for a chat. Then it cuts to a different scene without even completing the saving of the crane operator or the dozen other people in danger. **END ALERT** I vote a big "no" for going to see this... like these people.

No comments: