Sunday, May 13, 2007

Time Spent

Sometimes I want to start my own colony. I got that crazy idea from a song but the longer I live, it sounds more and more inviting. Our culture gets my head so cloudy that sometimes I can't see the traffic but I can here it. Then, SPLAT. I either hit someone or someone hits me and the pieces go flying in all directions. Our culture keeps us in a constant medicated state of busyness. Just enough for us to feel needed and not invest in the real need of connection. Going back to a few posts ago when I talked about how time is important, I want to take that thought in a different direction. Time is valuable and it can be a gift. Honestly, I am beginning that think that it might be the most valuable thing a person has in their control. You could decide to die for something or decide to live for something but either way it is a choice to devote that time to a cause or for a reason. So, when a person decides to do anything instead of investing in a person to build a connection, I struggle to understand their reasoning. That is OK though because they are their minutes and they decide what to do with them. The majority of people do not really see it this way and will argue that it is much more complicated but I do not think that it is. Whether subconsciously or consciously, the decision is made. So because this is a resource which has been given to you, in limited resource, to use as you wish; spend it well.

No comments: