Saturday, May 5, 2007

Quality or Quantity

"If you're creative, if you can think independently, if you can articulate passion, if you can override the fear of being wrong then the world needs you more now than ever." Balance is a thing to behold. A thing that nature can so easily obtain that I struggle every day to fail. If only I could fold myself up like a piece of paper and then cut little squares and triangles out. So then I unfold into this perfectly balanced person like a snowflake. I am confident that I have the capability to cut out to add what needs to be in order to be balanced but I am also sure that it will take time. I am also confident in what I know but I know that I know very little. We are all good at math: driving, catching a ball, and recognizing a face. Just when we attach numbers to it that is becomes too inefficient for our brains to understand the logic of it. I think that articulating love is prisoner to the same rules. It is there and can flow so fluidly between people and the universe but then we screw it up by attempting to attach these symbols, words, explanations where there simply can not be any. Are we to afraid of the unexplainable to let it maintain it's power? I think maybe. Quality or Quantity?

No comments: