Monday, July 30, 2007

Restful; Sleepless

Last night I could not fall asleep. I rolled around in bed and then finally decided t go downstairs to watch TV and lay on the couch. I do this knowing that it means a late night (2am-ish) and a sore back the back day from sleeping on the couch. Also, it means that I will most defiantly eventually fall asleep faster than if I just lay in bed. My plan of sleep was foiled by many great documentaries in a row. One about sharks, one about a WWII corsair squad, one about this fighting style in the Philippines, and one about the 10 most deadly snakes in Africa. I know.. no wonder I couldn't fall asleep.

So, this morning I fight the alarm and play that game of 'how many minutes can I set this back and still get to work on time'. Normally I play it safe-ish and set it back just a few minutes and tell myself that it will feel like a lot more time of sleep. Today was not a normal morning. Friday night I was awake until 4am. Saturday was a full day and then I was awake until 2am. Sunday, last night, I was up past 4am again. This morning was not a normal morning. Upon hearing that tone of my alarm, that I have come to hate and turn with despise when hearing anything the like, I immediately set it back to the maximum amount of time possible. Almost with a half smile on my face as if I am beating the day in a battle by still getting thirty more minutes of sleep.

Ten minutes later I wake up on my own and get in the shower.

No comments: