Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thought Wall

Tuesday and Wednesday seem to be my thought wall. This is where I have to slow down, because life forces me to, and I start to think and realize a lot of stuff. At times this ranges from topics people are not interested in talking about: life, death, love, purpose, and what effects our decisions or observations have on other quantum worlds; possibly even create them. Riveting I know. But I like to wonder about things that I can never figure out. Like, if light doesn't decay because it doesn't experience time, since it is moving at the speed of light, we can use space as like the ultimate computer hard drive by shooting light out and grabbing it back thousands of years later. Or wondering about if there are other quantum worlds, if an early one that broke off on a different path has different laws of physics than ours. Who knows. I don't. But if you are still awake I had a thought that is not down this normal line and I believe could actually make a fun 'normal person whining session'.

In English punctuation, the period '.' is used at the end of a sentence to signal to the reader to pause for a period of time. The little dot or point that marks a period is an interesting choice for the period. Then I start to think about an exclamation point '!' Why is that called an exclamation point and not an exclamation period? Question mark!? What the heck is that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In England a period is called a full stop. And "exclamation stop" would be even weirder.