Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Making the case for the good guy.

It is a known fact that the average woman matures faster than the average man. One book even says, "They [Women] mature much faster than men. Most 17-year old females can function as adults." This is true to a point. The point that I see this ending at is in what women look for in a man. At this point, women need to grow up.

I do not mean to make enemies here with any woman, the Lord knows not to do something as foolish as that. This is just an observation that I hope does not come across in a mean or insensitive way.

90% of the women that I have met in my entire life do not know what they want in a man. Even the ones that have big lists of what they want in a man, still have no idea. The most common point is the split between wanting the 'bad boy' or the 'good guy'. Women grow up thinking that they want to feel sexy and the bad boy provides that for them. There is a huge difference between wanting to be sexy and wanting to be desired. Desired is a healthy and stronger feeling that comes as a sort of package deal with being truly loved. Why wouldn't a woman want to be desired fully by one man that have a few temporary looks from a few boys?

I have a hard time understanding this. If there is a guy who can please you sexually but not emotionally, mentally, or spiritually then why would you want him? Do you think that the man who can please you emotionally, mentally, and spiritually can't please you sexually? I assure you that he can, but even if he couldn't, would you still choose the former over the latter? I am not sure why I even posed that question because it is irrelevant. The man that has a true love for you will be a 'good guy' and that love will be so intense that there is no way that any part of you won't be pleased.

So, to me, choosing the 'bad boy' is like going on a world tour and only going to see the world's largest ball of twine. It isn't even worth the trip. I mean, you get up every day, put in a quarter, and get a short thrill of, "I am staying at the world's largest ball of twine." But you will never feel the spiritual depth of seeing the grand canyon. You will never be moved by the emotional intensity of the aurora borealis. You will never feel as sought after and cherished as a lion does his kill. You will never be able to enjoy the complexities of mental stretching and strengthening of your dinner table talks.

Why would you ever choose the 'bad boy'? I do not know. Even some women I know that are in their mid 30s still feel like they are "settling" or "lowering their standards" to date a 'good guy'. Grow up and realize that a relationship with a good man is the only relationship you would ever want and can experience anything worth while in.

No comments: