Friday, December 28, 2007

Same world, Different universe.

There happens to be three blogs that I have thought through completely but haven't had time to write them down. They are all good so get excited. The first that I post (below) is the last that I thought of but since it is context sensitive it will be posted first.

As of late there have been some things that have happened in the world that have kind of shocked me. Shocked me because my culture is different. Personally I can't imagine an assassination attempt on one presidential candidate and an actual successful assassination on another withing the same week. Even in the same decade. Is it because of some specific reason involved in culture culture? Possibly because murder of a public figure is much more looked down upon than murder for selfish reasons or in a fit of rage? Maybe because 'civic unrest' is much more feared and in turn the 'structure/order of society' is much more protected? Honestly I do not know. It could be because of culture. It could be because of the state of a society.

Sometimes things happen that are so outside of my experiences and mentality that it is hard for me to understand. It seems like an entirely different universe. Then, I remember that we are all in the same world. So, here I am trying to figure it out and understand. If you beat me to it, let me in on the secret.

No comments: