Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Post-it.

My thoughts are like a stack of post-it notes. After I get them, I put them somewhere. Either in a conversation with a friend, my shower, over breakfast, my nightstand, or I post it here. The sad part about that is if they go somewhere else, then they don't end up here. So to rectify this, I will *attempt* to put all or the majority of the thoughts here.
Today's thought stems from an interesting place. When I got up this morning my feet felt heavy. Every time I stepped I imagined a shock wave going out in all directions. Then when the shock wave hit the walls it climbed up them and onto the ceiling.
-Tangent- Impact craters are formed when an object strikes a surface with enough force to deform the surface. The size of the crater depends on the force (mass of the object multiplied by the acceleration) and the makeup of the surface.-/Tangent-
What determines the 'impact crater' of a person. The 'realm of influence' if you will. Is it location, exposure, or personality. Or more? Or all? This equation seems so infinitely complex because it is just not two 3D objects colliding but two infinitely complex beings colliding and interacting.
I bring up this whole subject because part of the reason we are willing to do some of the horrible things we do is because we do not see the impact crater that it will cause. We justify it by convincing ourselves that no one outside of the immediate will be affected. When I believe if we could see at least a few more of the consequences at the point of decision then so many mistakes or poor judgments could be avoided.
Note that this is not regarding the consequences of things that or out of the person's control (nature, other people, etc) but direct impact crater caused by that person at that time. If you know the equation, tell the world.

No comments: