Thursday, August 30, 2007

Half of everything...

It has been half a month since I have been able to write. It has been half a month of worrying. It has been half a month of fun. The last 15 days has really opened my eyes... again. I had a great conversation with my friend Andy which reminds me why we are such great friends. Talking with someone else that can abstract from the world and think about things, makes the world easier to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I have conceded to the fact that I can never know enough or all of it. So the majority of the time I just ride the thought train and enjoy my unpredictable time in this star field of variables.
Then the world throws something that always snaps me back to having to 'deal' with it again. Money is an easy one that it can throw at a moments notice. Some people see it as an enabling incarnation of hard work. Most of them have not ever seen it keep you from eating or surviving. If food, water, shelter were provided to everyone in the world then sure; money would be enabling. Only used on expanding ones lot, frivolous things, things you believe in, in social situations, or anything else that is not necessary to life. Oh what a life.
To go off on a tangent, one of the largest crimes of technology is me not hearing my friend's voice for over a month while talking to them nearly four times a week.

No comments: