Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good Morning

Today the house was empty. Waking up in bed and hearing nothing but the soft constant hush of cars passing by on the highway was enough for me to decide that is was worth getting up. Pushing the fact that the day will not stay at a temperate 70ยบ allows me to get dressed without cursing society for forcing me to wear pants. It is not as if I am living in ignorance, but it is nice to have moments of no forethought. Limiting sight to no further than the second you are in is incredible and makes you question everything. I did not get out of bed this morning because I had to come to work... (I am one hour early) but because it was beautiful. The feeling of being tired did not even start to approach me until 1am. Still, I felt completely rested at 7:15am and nearly woke up before the alarm went off. Walking towards the shower, with the lights streaming between the blinds as it fights to break through and gain my attention, I realize that my actions this morning have brought me to a place where I have enough time to think. Instead of rushing, attempting to get somewhere on time, I sit in the shower and remember. Great times, goos times, bad times, and why I am who I am.
This is a new approach. Perhaps the 'best way' isn't to always be out of the moment with sights so far ahead that you know how you will react then, so you should act it now. Maybe instead it is to transform yourself so that your reaction changes to what it will have been after long times of thought and live in the moment.
Jealousy has been a strong emotion in the recorded history of man. From killing one man to launching a thousand ships. Or just jealosy for the 'gods' of Rome or Greece. Well the 'gods' are jealous of us. Our lives here are so beautiful, more so than those of the old 'gods', because it is not infinite. Every moment is more precious because it is fleeting. This moment now is more important than any other before in my life because it could be my last. The 'gods' sit and (supposedly) enjoy the best of the best but after doing everything, one starts to become like an addict or a philosopher, seeking something more.
Enjoy your moments because especially with how hot it is going to get today, this moment could be your most beautiful. (Wow, that sounded morbid. So, I can not end on it.) Enjoy the sights and sounds of the temporary world around you because it is ever changing and one of a kind. (Much better.)

No comments: