Friday, October 5, 2007

Rays in space

Lately most of my thoughts have seemed like mathematical rays. A starting point and then a though train that has a direction. This alone is not a bad thing. It is the fact that the train has no end or conclusion that is tiring. To be candid, the only thing more comforting than a good back scratch is a conclusion to something. The realization that the situation you endured to reach that conclusion should not have to be endured again. And if for some reason it is one of those horrible things that happens multiple times, it'll be better the second time around. So right now I am partly worried that the events that kicked off the previous thought trains will happen again and again I will not be prepared and not know what to do. That is part of the fun though. Some of the best things in life happen when you are 'wingin' it.
Live is like solving a rubik's cube. I say that because one is on my desk right now. A while back I learned one of the full proof ways of solving it. Then I got bored with it. In that research though, I learned that there are many ways to solve it. The faster ways are not full proof, require much thought, and some risk. The full proof way takes much longer but always completes it without error. We all approach life different. Some of us get to the end of the thought ray one way and others in another. Some never get there for one reason or another. In the last post I talked about enjoying the ride and everything that is happening then. This morning though I say to also enjoy how you personally solve the puzzle of life.

No comments: