Friday, November 9, 2007

Perspective, Warmth, and Beauty

In the gym last night: my friend and I talked about everything that is going on in our lives and some of the stuff we have seen or heard. Good times of sharing and stretching thoughts and arguments. He likes to play devil's advocate to see if his though pattern/argument will stand up beyond the confines of his head. Which I love about his external-processing self. Speaking of, I should be writing down my thoughts on 'argument styles' the next time I blog. He helps me bring perspective on my thoughts that I mull and never let out. The funny thing was that I used a title of a previous blog, 'Priority by Proximity', in one of my arguments.
In the house last night: I cleaned pretty much everything. Sadly, everything isn't enough and I have more to do when I get in tonight. Also, the heat at the house is out right now, which is horrible. Cleaning actually helped though. I got moving around so much I started to warm up and with my little space heater added on top of that, it was quite cozy. The floor space that I regain in my battles against the clutter and dirty clothes is more valuable than gold. [That is saying a lot because gold is at like a 20 year high.] I just like to be able to come in and sprawl out on my floor. Then, crawl onto my bed and sprawl there too. I slept much better last night than the night before. [That is a story and a half also.]
In the car this morning: I saw so many things. Little kids getting on buses, geese flying in formation, and the sun coming over the hill behind me and blinding me through my rear view mirror as it does nearly every morning. The thoughts begin to run. Where all this is from? Why is the purpose that the geese seem to have in their drive to survive so beautiful? Is that kid dreading going to school or looking forward to playing with that favorite toy at break time? I begin to appreciate again all that I am seeing as if it is the first time I opened my eyes. This feeling wells up. That feeling triggers the thought of you and the picture in my head of your smile. I smile. Then the sound of the radio pierces in and I hear the good news; highs in the mid 60s.

No comments: