Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Changing change changes change.

Another way to say that is, "Changing how change occurs, changes which coins you receive from breaking a large bill." What? Did you expect something profound? How silly of you. That doesn't even make sense, much less is it profound.
Fall brings many things: cold weather, feelings, memories, and more. Every season brings change but fall attacks all of my senses. Well, at least it does where I live. So many colors appear that I wouldn't even think exist in nature. The smell of autumn. The cold air and long nights with ten blankets. The taste of pumpkin bread. The sound of leaves rustling. It is simply incredible.
So, I am starting to think that our society is structured in such a way that deep thought it is hindered. It actually seems structured to purposefully keep you mind constantly entertained with tasks that are time consuming and seemingly necessary. I am sure that if I attempted to do all my errands personally that I would have no time for anything else. Even more so when I am trying to find a new place to live. I wonder how much further our society would move if we didn't have to think about the small every day tasks that take up so much of our time. What do you think?

No comments: