Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursdays and People

It would seem that Thursday is the day of the week where I can't take not blogging any longer. I am struggling with a balance. (Surprise right?) A balance between being who I feel like I am and doing what I feel is the most correct logically. In my recent past I do not remember being on the opposite side from logic. I am an introvert. So it is draining at times to be around people. Also, I regain my energy by having my alone time where I can think things out at my own pace without distractions.
Where I am tore is between: continuing to continually reach out to nearly everyone or to only invest my time and energy into people I feel is 'worth' both.
I have many problems with the latter. Namely: assigning who is 'worthy', giving up on people, and going against who I feel I am wired to be. The reason for the first is obvious. The second deals with my past and how I had people who didn't give up on me and that is part of why I am who I am today. The third is a self reflection saying nearly exactly what the second. I feel like I am the way I am because I am wired like this, from my core. I believe that is it a good thing also. I refuse to be 'ruined' by the world and lose this feature. Also, I begin the 'what ifs'. What if that person is like me when I just needed one person to talk to me to completely change where my mind is going. What if that person is just like how I am about to come and I could find a great friend if I give them a chance?
What I am about to become like is not the exact opposite but a balance where I learn to let go of people. Logically this makes more sense and I feel stupid for not being this way currently. Hence why the change is near. At least 80% of the time I spend out with 'friends' is solicited by me. Besides maybe 7 people in my life, I am always the one calling and instigating the time we will attempt to spend time together. Even if they call me their friend, they still don't call me. Even typing this now I become frustrated with myself for not changing this sooner. I am done giving infinite chances to people who show no response. If they show that they have taken a step then I will not hesitate to respond. For some reason it makes complete sense to me that I should not invest my time and energy into someone who doesn't do the same for me.

No comments: